The adoption centre is considered an “essential service” by the government so the dogs in our care are receiving all the food, exercise, enrichment and love they normally get, from a reduced team of staff and volunteers.
These are challenging times and they will be for a while. If you would like to help us, here are some things you can do:
- Follow us on Facebook for regular updates during the lockdown
- Donate – any amount is appreciated (Bank: Westpac, Name: Dogwatch Sanctuary Trust, account #03-0814-0175483-00, Reference: your name and phone number)
- Call or email us if you’re interested in adopting one of our dogs; we can tell you about the dog and do quite a bit of the pre-approval side of things while we’re closed, then when we reopen you can come and meet him/her
- Call or email us if you’re aware of anyone who may be struggling to feed or care for their dog (we’ll do whatever we can to help)
- Use some of your spare time in lockdown to have a good old sort out around the house and put aside any items you don’t need any more. When the lockdown is over, we’ll be very grateful to receive any good quality household items, furniture, clothing etc at the Dogwatch Variety Store, which is one of our primary sources of fundraising.
As always, we appreciate your support and thank you for your understanding. Stay home, stay well and stay strong!